Thursday 16 January 2014

Beauty Tip of the Day - Award Season - Jessica Chastain's Lovely Lashes

I LOVE Jessica Chastain's look here, her make up is so simple so natural looking, but at the same time she looked glowing, vibrant and absolutely gorgeous!!!  

Two things I loved about this make up in particular is her highlighter which looks beautiful, and her LASHES!!!! Her lashes for me make this look! I love fake eyelashes to add a touch of glamour to your make up, I used to only wear lashes for events or nights out but I've started to appreciate them a lot more for just day to day as well. 

I don't wear the same kind of lashes for day and night, I go for thickening or lengthening natural lashes for the day, but for nights out I would go for the same kind of look Jessica has gone with here.


The brand I love for all my lashes is Eylure. You can get them from boots for around £5.00 + and they all come with their own lash glue.

Here are a couple of lashes that I would recommend for a fuller lash look like Jessica's. 

These here, are strip lashes. They are more natural looking, so if you don't like anything to much, these will be perfect for adding more length to your lashes without looking to heavy. 

These next pair are for more experienced lash wearers, they might be a bit heavy if you've never tried lashes before. The reason I've chosen these two pairs of lashes are because as you've probably noticed the lashes are longer in the outer part of the eye than the inner, giving a cat eye look, I think they are the most flattering kind of lashes.


The other option you can get is individual lashes, you can do these yourself or get a salon to do it for you. Using individual lashes can allow you to taylor the lashes how you want them, thickening, lengthening them, adding more as you go.


I personally prefer strip lashes, I think they're easier to apply and easier to remove. Also if you look after your strip lashes by carefully removing them and storing them properly you can use them again and again.

I will be doing a tutorial soon on how to apply lashes for those who need some help. 

Do you wear lashes? Leave a comment if you have a favourite brand.

Hannah x













No comments:

Post a Comment