Wednesday 8 January 2014

Review week - Maybelline the Falsies Volume Express Mascara

Today's review is on a new mascara I've been trying for the past couple of weeks. I don't think I've used a maybelline mascara before but I've heard good reports on this one so I thought I'd give it go.

I got mine from boots for £7.99 with my advantage points - don't you just love that! Free make up!!! :-)

I like the packaging, love the colour and the lace look, but I would say the shape seems a little strange and chunky, bit strange to get used to at first.

The thing I really like about his mascara is the spoon curler brush, it's great for making sure every lash gets coated. 


This is what it looked like on me after one and two coats.


I would say you couldn't apply more than two coats without it looking clumpy, I think that's because as the formula dries it's harder to work with, it is recommended that you don't wait In between coats for it to dry.

So far so good, it's a good price, it does the job and it doesn't flake off during the day, I did find that this stays on until I remove it with eye make up remover of wipe. It does also come in a waterproof version which I might get for when I go on holiday so I'll let you know about that.

Also worth mentioning that it does say it is contact lense safe so if that is something you look for I would definitely give this a go.

What's your mascara of choice at the moment?

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment