Friday 24 January 2014

Beauty Tip of the Day - Manicure Week - The 5 min manicure!

We're all in a rush most of the time, whether its work or family commitments we rarely have time to sit and pamper ourselves. A couple of years ago, painting my nails would be a daily occurrence, I would sit for ages at the weekends painting intricate designs on each nail, adding glitter and stones, a real work of art. I would paint them but not really give myself a proper manicure or allowing them anytime to breath or heal in between. Doing that, mixed with general life left my nails breaking, peeling, and my cuticles were a mess, just generally looking horrible.

I went for an emergency appointment to my friends salon and had a manicure with an OPI gel top coat. They looked so much better and now the length is getting just where I want it to be.

If you don't have the time or the money however I've done a quick DIY manicure that should take no longer than 5 minutes!!

What you'll need....

1. A nail file, I like a glass file rather than an emery board as I think its less harsh, but use what you've got.

2 . A cuticle pusher, you can use an orange wood stick if you prefer but I think this is quicker.
 
3. A good base coat - for what ever you need, a strengthener, a ridge filler, a growth stimulator.
 
4. Cuticle Oil - can be found at a boots or superdrug - don't miss this step!!
 

 
If you've got slightly more time and you want to add colour you will need...
 
5. A colour polish
 
6. A top coat - I like a chip resistant
 
7. Quick drying spray - again available at superdrug or boots.
 

 
 
Ready....Go!
 
1. File all nails, making sure you only sweep the file in one direction to get the desired shape
 
2. Use cuticle pusher to push back all cuticles removing any excess from the nail bed, leaving nail bed clean
 
3. Apply a very thin layer of base coat, this will dry very quickly if you have applied a thin layer.
 
4. Apply a drop of cuticle oil to the cuticle of each nail and rub into whole nail, this will leave your nails looking nourished and perfect!
 
If you have a little more time....
 
After step 3 applying your basecoat...
 
4. Apply two coats (if needed) of your chosen polish
 
5. Apply a thin layer of top coat
 
6. Spray all nails with quick drying spray
 
7. Finally apply a drop of cuticle oil!
 
And your done!!
 
If you keep practicing this technique your nails will look healthy and perfectly polished in no time at all!!
 
Hope you find this helpful, if you have any favourite products of any of the above let me know.
 
Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment